To achieve the Tokelau Vision for a “Clean, Affordable and Sustainable energy sources”, applications are invited from suitably
qualified candidates to the position of General Manager, Energy (GM, Energy) - Tokelau Government. The GM, Energy will be
responsible for managing and overseeing the Department of Energy operation, and implementation of the Tokelau Energy Strategy.
It is crucial for the successful candidate to possess the relevant experience to explore suitable technologies to address future
energy needs of small and isolated places like Tokelau.
The main duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Improve the power management structure to meet the needs of Tokelau
- Ensure that the power is managed in a sustainable way especially to support the infrastructure of Tokelau
- Provide strong leadership to existing personnel for enhancement of their skills, and support for continuing development
The successful candidate must have the following required experience and skills:
- Minimum of 7 years senior level management experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding in the field of energy
- Strong background in project management, technology, staff and budget management
- Sound knowledge and thorough understanding on energy needs and systems in small island states like Tokelau
- Ability and confidence to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with local and international stakeholders
- Consultative and an effective team player with a high level of self-motivation and integrity
- Sound planning and organisational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to develop and manage services within budget while achieving agreed outcomes
- Awareness of the Tokelau culture and willingness to live in an isolated island community
Candidates must have the appropriate tertiary qualification from a recognized institution and the relevant experience in the field of
energy or in a related field.
The successful applicant will be contracted for three years. Salary will be in accordance with the TPS Remuneration Scale. Position
is based on Fakaofo, Tokelau.
If interested, please submit the following to the address below by Friday, 15 th February 2019 : i) application letter detailing a self-
assessment against the experience and skills required for the job; ii) curriculum vitae; and iii) three recently written references from
professional referees with valid contact details. Please contact Kele Lui, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the
job description if required.
Tokelau Public Service Commission
C/- Human Resources Manager
Office of Council for the Ongoing Government of Tokelau
P.O. Box 3298
Tel: (+685) 208 22 / 777 4941