An exciting and challenging position is now available for you if you are suitably qualified with the relevant experience and core
competencies required for the Manager Procurement/Senior Policy Adviser position - Department of Transport and Support Service. The
position is based at the department’s main office in the Tokelau Office, Apia.
You will be accountable to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate procurement services and monitor compliance with the Tokelau Procurement Policy
- Provide policy advice to the Director on improving and strengthening department services
- Assist the Director manage department resources to ensure high quality support and services provided at all times.
You will be assessed according to the following requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the area of business and logistics from a recognised institution
- At least 5 years working experience as a Procurement Manager
- Knowledge in contracts writing, policy development and strategic planning
- Strategic thinker, outstanding negotiation skills, well organised and efficient with an eye for detail
- Awareness of the Tokelau culture, and willing to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Able to travel by boat for up to a week on the boat
If appointed, you will be employed on a fixed term 3 year employment contract. You will be offered a salary in accordance with the
approved Tokelau Public Service Remuneration Framework.
If you feel you are the right person for this position, please hand-in the following to the address below by Friday, 23 August 2019 : i)
application letter detailing a self-assessment against the requirements of the position; ii) curriculum vitae; and iii) two recently written
references from professional referees with valid contact details.
Director of Transport and Support Services
Department of Transport and Support Services
Tokelau Apia Liaison Office
P.O. Box 3298
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for a copy of the job description if required.