Applications are invited for qualified and experienced individual to take up the following vacant position.
- Media Officer(National)
The main roles and responsibilities would involve:
- Developing a schedule for the radio service to showcase various sectors/projects, regular project updates, and profile of various officials and members of Taupulega
- Creating content and stories based on projects’ strategic plans and relations with domestic strategies
- Building a database of interviews with key stakeholders of selected projects and sectors
- Translating press releases and various media content into Tokelauan
- monitoring media distribution to target groups
- Provide media support to selected meetings as approved by General Manager (National)
- Any other work as may be assigned by General Manager (National).
Preferred applicants to have the following
- At least 5 years experience in Media, Public Relations or Communications
- Must be able to write and speak the Tokelauan language
- Must be knowledgeable in the protocols and cultural etiquette of Tokelau especially in dealing with Taupulega and communities on the three atolls
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Innovative and creative thinking in relation to media and communication in the Tokelau context,
- Proven abilities in writing and radio production skills in English and Tokelauan. Ability to speak and understand Samoan an advantages but not essential.
The position is contracted for 3 years and is based in Tokelau.
Employment package are subject to Tokelau Public Service Manual but can be negotiated depending on qualifications and experiences.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please provide a covering letter and curriculum vitae and forward it through to the following contact person below, no later than the 8th September, 2017
Mr. Aleta Aleta
Acting GM Apia Office
Ph: (+685) 7701177