School Principal_ Matiti School
Applications are invited for qualified and experienced school principal to take up the following vacant position in Tokelau.
- School principal (1 position).
Main roles and responsibilities
The principal is to provide strong, effective leadership in enhancing the teaching and learning and to contribute to raising student achievement while also committed to enhancing the spiritual as well as well as the cultural values of the community. It is expected that the principal will contribute to:
- leading transformative changes through strong leadership and demonstrating ability to develop, grow and sustain a strong culture of learning
- lead with a clear purpose and to provide strategic direction of the school
- enhancing the capability of staff through professional learning development demonstrating strong instructional leadership capability with clear evidence of relevant pedagogical and content knowledge
- providing a strong foundation for a reflective culture amongst staff to contribute to building strong sense of self efficacy and motivation as well as improving and sustaining good teacher practise
- committing to upholding the school charter and the contributing to unique catholic faith of the school and community
- build strong relationships with community, staff, students and other stakeholders through clear and effective communications and dialogue
Preferred applicants to have -:
- a minimum qualification, Bachelors degree, majoring in Education or equivalent from a recognised institution
- have had at least 10 years in a principalship position or in a relevant senior leadership position.
- Communicate and write well in both Tokelauan and English
This position is suited for an individual who is highly motivated and can lead teams with a strategic focus on raising student achievement.
The positions is contracted for 3 years and is based in Tokelau.
Employment package are subject to Tokelau Public Service Manual but can be negotiated depending on qualifications and experiences.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please provide a covering letter and curriculum vitae and forward it through the following persons no later than the 26th August 2017
Mr. Aleta Aleta Mr.Fulitusitapu Alovaka
Director of Education National Assessment Coordinator
Department of Education Department of Education
Atafu USP Center Fakaofo, USP Center
Atafu, TOKELAU Fakaofo, TOKELAU
Ph: (+690) 22178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the following person for further information and/or the job description,