The Planning and Monitoring Unit (PMU) aims to support the Tokelau Government to articulate strategic intent and monitor progress to ensure achievement of desired national development outcomes through efficient and effective service delivery. Key functions of the unit will be to support efficient and effective service delivery and to facilitate the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and enhanced performance and productivity.
The main responsibilities of the Planning and Monitoring Unit are:
- To support departments and Villages to develop robust planning, monitoring & evaluation processes and systems
- Set up policies and procedures which will guarantee effective performance for monitoring and evaluation of the development plans, programmes and projects; supervise the application of the policies and regularly update them.
- Build a Databank that will support appropriate indicators and target setting.
- Collect and analyze data and reports related to reporting requirements.
- Maintain an overview of the monitoring and evaluation of the progress of national plans.
- Take the lead on the government's reporting accountabilities and work with all key stakeholders to ensure necessary information is provided in a timely manner.
- Set up a general framework and procedures required for implementing and monitoring the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other international/regional obligations.