As Director you will be responsible for the overall leadership of the Taupulega Office operations
and mission, and the successful applicant will also be provided with the opportunity to contribute
to the developing mission of the Atafu Strategic Plan/Work Plan. The Director will also be the
chief advisor to the Faipule and Pulenuku of Atafu and the Taupulega Atafu in terms of the
various village development projects and its way forward.
The successful applicant will need a range of skills and competencies, including:
QUALIFICATION / WORK EXPERIENCE / REMUNERATION
- Good people skills and the ability to relate to people
- Openness, honesty, flexibility and good communication skills
- Integrity of character
- Service Management experience
- Proven management experience, time management, organizational management, human resource management, financial management and other related to be able to meet the financial targets of the Taupulega
- Familiar with the Tokelau Strategic Plan and also Atafu Strategic Plan. Must be able to integrate and implement Strategic Plan into Action & good knowledge of quality improvement processes
- Well developed leadership and staff management skills
- Excellent level of written, verbal and reporting skills, both in English and Tokelau
- Attention to detail, able to understand and comprehend the bigger picture that Taupulega of Atafu prioritizes
- Accounting/ Management and Public Administration/ Economics background and experience is expected at high level, able to write up financial proposals, interpreting financial statements, implementing, monitoring and reviewing of Public Funds.
- Knowledge of Good Governance is highly expected, together with evidence of practical experiences of Good Governance
If you are interested to apply to the above position please hand over your application letter of
- A tertiary level qualification - Management and Public Administration, Degree Major - in Accounting & Economics & other related areas.
- Minimum work experience of 5 years
- Closing date for this vacancy – 4 th February 2020
- Remuneration – Negotiable – based on the new Remuneration Framework endorsed by the General Fono March 2016. Salary range $40,480.00 - $55,660.00
interest, curriculum vitae, and a reference letter to support your application to HR Advisor for
the Office of the Taupulega Atafu no later than TUESDAY, 4 TH FEBRUARY 2020.
Job Description for the above position is also available at the Office of the Taupulega Atafu.
For further information please contact;
Hana MKalolo Kele Lui
Human Resource Advisor Human Resource Manager/National Stastiscian
Office for the Taupulega of Atafu, Office of the Council for the Ongoing Govt of
phone (work): (+690) 22216 phone (work): (+685) 20822 ext 121
phone (mobile): (+690) 720296 phone (mobile):(+685) 7774941
Financial Services Officer
Office for the Taupulega of Atafu,
Phone (work): (690) 22216