Applications are invited for a qualified and experienced individual to take up the position of the
Early Childhood Education Coordinator
for the Tokelau Department of Education (TDOE).
The overall purpose of the ECE Coordinator is to ensure effective coordination of the ECE
programmes that support and promote quality education for children attending the schools’ ECE
centres so that their transition to primary school is fitting and purposeful. The key areas of
Qualifications and Experience:
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HeTifa Ola – Takiala mo Akoga Kamata a Tokelau
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development learning programmes for ECE teachers in Tokelau
- Monitor, assess and review the ECE curriculum
- Coordinate and facilitate support for Taupulega at the governance level to take active role in supporting schools
The individual suitable for this position must have a relevant undergraduate or post graduate qualification in ECE. Experience in Teaching and Educational Administration would be an advantage.
There is also the expectation that the suitable applicant for this position:
- is self-directed and self-starting
- is able to see ahead, think strategically and be responsive to constant shifts in context
- is able to travel from time to time within Tokelau and abroad
- has outstanding communication in spoken and written Tokelau language, as well as English, and with great interpersonal skills
- holds an early childhood teaching qualification recognised by the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (EDUCANZ) for certification purposes
- has at least 5 years experience providing leadership and support to educators, including providing advice and training at whole school level and group levels
- uses the inquiry approach to improve practice and outcomes for children
- has the ability to carry out evaluation and researches on ECE matters, collate and report data with accuracy, attention to detail and with confidence
This position is suited for an individual with a wide experience in the required level and who is
willing to work in a remote environment. The position is contracted for 3 years and is based in
The employment package is subject to Tokelau Public Service Manual and Salary Scale but can
be negotiated depending on qualifications and experiences.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please provide a covering letter and curriculum
vitae and forward it through to the following individuals no later than Wednesday the 4 th of
December 2019. Evidences of at least 3 referees is required.
Ms Elaine Lameta Mr. Kelekolio Lui
Director of Education Manager
Department of Education National Human Resource
Atafu, TOKELAU Tokelau Apia Liaison Office
Please contact the same persons above for further information and/or the job description for this