Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Manager, Monitoring, Control, Surveillance and Enforcement
This new position will be directly responsible for the provision of monitoring, control, surveillance and enforcement (MCSE) services and
advice. The successful applicant will support the Director of the FMA to ensure the sustainable management and development of offshore
fisheries in the Tokelau EEZ, consistent with applicable New Zealand law and relevant international obligations.
The Manager MCSE will report to the Director of the FMA. The FMA is a key agency of the Tokelau Administration, responsible for the
delivery of fisheries services to enable the sustainable management and development of Tokelau’s offshore fisheries.
The successful applicants should meet the following qualifications and experience:
- Awareness of the Tokelau culture and language.
- At least five years’ experience in fisheries management operations, MCS, enforcement and/or planning roles.
- A degree (preferably postgraduate level) in science, economics, law or any other relevant field and/or proven experience in similar roles.
- Knowledge and experience of the legislation, tools, schemes, strategic fisheries relationship, and agreements in place for fisheries MCSE across the Tokelau EEZ and Pacific Region.
- Demonstrated management experience with proven capacity to develop policies and procedures; develop systems and manage process improvements; identify and manage organisational and program risks; and the management of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of relationships with other Pacific countries and organisations and fisheries operators.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of frank advice to senior government officials.
This is a contract position for three years and will be based in Fakaofo, Tokelau with extensive time based in Apia, Samoa.
This position is classified at Grade 8- Specialist Scale of the Tokelau Public Service Remuneration Framework.
How to apply
Interested applicants MUST submit the following:
1. Cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and how you meet the selection criteria.
2. Updated curriculum vitae.
3. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three professional referees; one must be your current or most recent
Applications should be emailed with the subject line heading ‘FMA Manager MCSE’ to:
Mr Feleti Tulafono Mr Kele Lui
Director FMA HR Manager, National
T: +690 23113; Samoa +685 7600328 Tokelau Office, Apia
Applications must be received before 4.00 pm, Friday 9 th July 2021. Late applications will not be considered.