Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Manager, Monitoring,
Control, Surveillance and Enforcement (MCSE).
This new position will be directly responsible for the provision of monitoring, control, surveillance and
enforcement (MCSE) services and advice. The successful applicant will support the Director of the
FMA to ensure the sustainable management and development of offshore fisheries in the Tokelau
EEZ, consistent with applicable New Zealand law and relevant international obligations.
This is a contract position for three years and will be based in Fakaofo, Tokelau with extensive time
based in Apia, Samoa. Travel throughout the Pacific region is a requirement of this position.
The Manager MCSE will report to the Director of the FMA. The FMA is a key agency of the Tokelau
Administration, responsible for the delivery of fisheries services to enable the sustainable
management and development of Tokelau’s offshore fisheries.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree (preferably at postgraduate level) in science, economics, law or any other relevant field and /or proven experience in similar roles.
- At least five years of experience in fisheries management operations, MCS, enforcement and/or planning roles.
- Knowledge and experience of the legislation, tools, schemes and agreements in place for fisheries MCSE across the Tokelau EEZ and Pacific Region.
- Demonstrated management experience with proven capacity to develop policies and procedures; develop systems and manage process improvements; identify and manage organisational and program risks; and the management of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of relationships with other Pacific countries and organisations and fisheries operators.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of frank advice to senior government officials.
This position is classified at Grade 8- Specialist Scale of the Tokelau Public Service Remuneration Framework.
How to apply
ESSENTIAL: Applications must include:
- Covering letter that outlines your suitability for the position and how you meet the selection criteria.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees; one must be your current or most recent supervisor/manager.
Applications should be emailed with the subject line heading ‘FMA Manager MCSE’ to:
Mr Feleti Tulafono Mr Kele Lui
Director FMA HR Manager, National
T: +690 23113; Samoa +685 7600328 Tokelau Office, Apia
Applications must be received before 4.00 pm, Friday 21 May 2021. Late applications will not be