Applications are invited from qualified and experienced applicants to the Director of EDNRE position. The Director
provides overall leadership and management of the department operations. The successful applicant is responsible
for the implementation of national strategic priorities aligned with the department portfolio, as well as the
provisions of sound and timely advisory support to the Minister of EDNRE and leaders of Tokelau on matters
pertaining to services under the department.
Key duties and responsibilities;
The Director is responsible for undertaking the following;
- Lead, manage and oversee operations of the Department.
- Provide key coordination, advisory, planning and monitoring functions for the Government relating to the Tokelau economic development, natural resource and its environment.
- Coordinate economic initiatives maximizing Tokelau’s revenue while protecting the environment.
- Liaise with regional and international partners on matter related to the department portfolio
The successful applicant will be assessed according to the following criteria;
- A degree (preferably postgraduate level) in Environmental Science, Economic Development or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably in the Pacific region.
- Senior management experience in economic development and/or environmental management.
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team towards goal achievement.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to recognize the impact of the Government of Tokelau’s direction and how that direction impacts upon the departmental workforce.
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and representational skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Proven high standard of written and oral communication in English (Tokelauan desirable).
- Awareness of the Tokelau culture with the ability to operate effectively within that cultural context without compromising the remit of the role.
This is a 3-year fixed term contract position based in Atafu, Tokelau.
Remuneration package based on the Tokelau Public Service Remuneration Framework, qualifications, skills and
experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Interested applicants must submit: i) application letter detailing a self-assessment against the criteria listed
above; ii) up-to-date CV; and iii) current contact details (including email addresses) of 3 professional referees.
Address and send your application to the address below. All applications MUST
be received by 4pm Friday, 29
th March 2023. For further information, please contact email below.
Office of the Tokelau Public Service Commission
Attention: Human Resource Manager, National
P.O. Box 3298
Tokelau Apia Liaison Office