Government of Tokelau
Vacancy: General Surgeon – Department of Health (closes 17 March 2017)
Applicants are invited for the post of General Surgeon under the Department of Health, Tokelau.
The General Surgeon will lead the provision and development of surgical services and will be part of the team that overlooks the overall development and establishment of Tokelau’s National Referral Hospital.
Qualification and Experience:
Additional Skills, knowledge and qualities required
- Successful applicant should have a post graduate qualification in surgery
- Should have valid registration as a general surgeon with current practicing certificate
- Should have at least 10 years surgical working experience in remote and rural health settings
- An experience in emergency surgery is need especially in obstetrics and gynaecology emergency; emergency trauma, and general emergency procedures.
- The applicant will have extensive clinical leadership experience and demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to quality improvement and clinical risk management approaches.
- Knowledge of current issues affecting health services and the speciality of surgery is essential
- Knowledge of medical human resources management issues will be an advantage
- Good leadership and management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adapt to local environment, uphold and respect local cultures
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experiences is on offer. The position is based in Nukunonu, Tokelau. The contract is for a 3-year term with opportunity for extension.
When making applications, a covering letter and curriculum vitae with 2 Reference reports with valid contact details together with certified academic certificates and registration certificates should be forwarded to the contact below, before 4pm, March 17th, 2017.
Please contact for further information and/or the job description.
Chief Clinical Advisor
Department of Health
Phone (690) 24111