The Parties to the Nauru Agreement Office (PNAO) is seeking to hire consultants to provide
economic analysis and advice on PNA tuna fisheries, including:
- Using an Economic Model of vessel operations to provide advice to Parties on vessel profitability, vessel day pricing and fishery value.
- Providing information and analysis of the value of tuna fisheries to the Parties.
- Providing advice on economic issues of tuna fisheries to the Parties and the PNAO.
- Preparing and presenting papers as required for meetings of Parties.
- Supporting Parties on economic issues at meetings of other organisations, including the WCPFC and FFA.
- Supporting the CEO and other PNAO staff in accordance with the PNAO Business Plan.
- Liaising with economics staff of the Parties and FFA.
- Building economics capacity of the Parties.
- Such other tasks as may be agreed between the Consultant and the PNAO CEO.
- Tertiary qualifications required in economics, fisheries management, or a relevant discipline from a recognised institution.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must have proven experience and ability to communicate effectively.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills in English including ability to read and write at a professional level in English.
- Must have detailed knowledge of PNA measures and economics processes.
- Must have experience and detailed understanding of the tuna fishing industry and its operations and compliance issues in the PNA.
- Minimum five years of work experience in tuna fishery policy or management field.
- Team player and builder.
The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
The position is open to anyone, but preference is given to PNA nationals.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a brief CV and 2 reference letters to
. Closing date to submit applications will be Friday, January 21, 2022.