Government of Tokelau
Vacancy: Director of Health (closes 5 May 2017)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to the position of Director of Health in the Tokelau Public Service.
The Director of Health is responsible for managing and leading the Department of Health, encompassing the provision of quality health care and services; development and implementation of policy; resource management including finances and personnel; planning, monitoring and mandatory reporting.
The successful applicant must have at least 5 years of experience at a senior management level particularly in one or more of the various areas of health. Must also possess an understanding and appreciation of the Tokelau language and cultures and be able to communicate effectively with village governance and communities.
The key Duties and Responsibilities of this position includes the following:
- Provide leadership and improving health services in Tokelau
- Provide advice on health issues to the leaders of Tokelau
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders
- Oversee the overall operation and management of the Health Department
- Manage the Tokelau Health Patient Referral Scheme
The successful applicant must satisfy the following criteria:
- Consultative and motivational style of leadership
- Proven experiences in health and organizational management, planning and policy development
- Ability to maximise return from limited resources
- Understanding and appreciation of Tokelau language and cultures
- Strong community focus and excellent communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification and at least 5 years management experiences in the area of health
Detailed Job Description is available on request.
This is a contract position for 2 years and will be based in Tokelau but is expected when necessary to travel between the three atolls and overseas as required and approved.
Remuneration commencement level is at NZ$46,904pa taxable. Relocation costs at the start and end of the contract is provided. Accommodation is also provided for the duration of the contract.
Interested candidates should send their application with a covering letter clearly stating strengths and suitability for the role, attaching an up to date curriculum vitae and providing recent references from three professional referees with their contact details. Applications should be sent to the address below no later than 4.00pm on Friday 5th May 2017.
for a copy of the Job Description. Late applications will not be considered.
Senior Executive Officer
Tokelau Public Service Commission Office
c/o Tokelau Apia Liaison Office
P.O. Box 865
phone: (+685) 7701336